Outsourcing can be an intimidating word — especially for a small business. If you’re a company on the rise or even just getting off the ground, it’s tempting to keep everything in-house.
This gives you better control over your company’s activities. It can also have at least the appearance of saving money (more on that in a bit).
The truth is, though, outsourcing should never be something small businesses avoid. Instead, it should be approached as a powerful tool that, when used properly, can yield tremendous benefits for your burgeoning enterprise.
The Benefits of Outsourcing
Outsourcing offers many advantages for small businesses. These extend from things like financial implications to talent considerations and risk management. Let’s take a look at a few of the biggest benefits that come from strategically outsourcing business functions, such as:
- Leveraging expertise: When you outsource an activity, it gives you access to a much larger talent pool. Not only do you work with individuals who are professionals in their field. You also get to benefit from their experience, training, and expertise.
- Lowering risk: Outsourcing also offers the helpful element of removing some of the risks from your organization. You may have to yield some control. But in exchange, you shift many of the risks associated with each outsourced activity onto the third party you hire.
- Simplifying your overhead: Managing things like marketing and IT in-house is complicated. By outsourcing, you remove many of the complexities and streamline the efficiency of your company.
- Reducing costs: Yes, it costs money to hire an outside firm, agency, or freelancer. However, the costs involved aren’t the only financial factors. In fact, by outsourcing, you allow your operation to become more efficient, you tap into expert talent, and you save both your staff’s and your own time. All of these translate into financial savings.
- Excelling in your strengths: Outsourcing typically refers to activities that you don’t specialize in. This doesn’t just remove them from your plate. It also frees you up to focus on product development and other areas of your business where your expertise and passion can shine.
Outsourcing can be very beneficial for a company. However, it needs to be done properly if you want to tap into these benefits in full force.
Finding the Right Activities to Outsource
If you design clean hygiene products, create organic supplements, or focus on other areas of the health and wellness industry, these are the last things that you want to outsource. The areas that represent the heart and soul of your enterprise are the focal points that you should always have in your sights.
However, there are many other areas of business that are excellent outsourcing candidates. These are departments that are necessary to run a company but not necessarily important for your industry. We’re talking about things like:
- Marketing and sales;
- IT management;
- Customer service;
- Human resources;
- Shipping and logistics;
These administrative and business-oriented responsibilities can be both exhausting and distracting. They’re prime candidates to outsource — if you can find a candidate who can handle the pressure and keep up with your standards.
Why TruLife Distribution Is the Perfect Outsourcing Partner
While there are many pros to outsourcing, the truth is, there are also a few cons that you want to watch out for. For instance, we already mentioned the lack of control over third-party hires. You also can suffer from poor communication.
Both of these can lead to quality control issues that can undermine your company. If you want to outsource, you need to go about the process properly.
That’s where TruLife Distribution comes in. We offer a large selection of services that span the gamut from compliance and regulatory concerns to marketing, warehousing, reputation management, and much more.
While you can get these services elsewhere, we work hard to include them in one comprehensive, brand-tailored package. We recruit the best talent and ensure that we can address each of your company’s needs with professional expertise.
This allows us to maintain quality while also reducing the need for too many communication channels (and, by extension, errors.) We also make sure that you remain in the driver’s seat, influencing your brand and helping guide our decisions as we help to market and manage your company.
Outsourcing is a powerful way to streamline your operation and scale your business. Just make sure that you’re using the right partners when you start farming out responsibilities. That way, you can reap the benefits and avoid the dangers of outsourcing as you use it to take your business to the next level.